Sunday, August 28, 2016

Brigham Young University - Helaman Halls dorm

I moved into Helaman Halls on Wednesday, 24 August 2016!! I was super eager to arrive at BYU and to check out my dorm. There isn't much on the internet regarding these dorms, I found only a couple blogs and a few YouTube videos. I am here to provide further information on the dorms and make some Freshman happy for next year :) & this is Hinckley Hall.



Width x Depth x Heighth
Desk top: 46.5 x 23 X 20 inches
Desk Height from ground: 26 inches
Desk Drawer: 9.25 x 18.75 x 2 inches
Shelves Under Drawer: 23 x 10.5x 8.25 inches
Bottom Floating Shelf: 47 x 12 x 13 inches
Upper Floating Shelf: 47 x 12 x 19 inches

The desk area is lined with a bulletin board but doesn't go very deep, push pins stick out a little.



Width x Depth x Heighth
Drawers: 21 x 18.5 x 5.5 inches
Top Shelf: 46 x 22 x 12 inches
Shoe Shelf: 23 x 22 x 9.5 (adjustable)


This bed is 20in off of the floor, but can be raised to 32in off of the floor. 


Width x Depth x Heighth
Sink Top: 30 x 20 inches
Under Sink: 30 x 20 x 28 inches with a pipe

This is my finished room! A little bit messy still, but completed. I love it and my roomie is fabulous!

 

I won't give away too much about the rest of the building with pictures, that's the fun in exploring, but there is a basement, lobby, vending machine niche, elevator and more :) #GoCougs! #BYU



SaveSave

7 comments:

  1. I'm glad you've made this your home away from home!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do the bed raising functions come with the bed? Or did you have to get that separately? Thanks for this blog! It super helpful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The bed raises itself! You don’t have to bring anything. Someone will show you how if you want it raised! You just pull the ends up and off and raise or lower the mattress part. :)

      Delete
  3. Thank you so much for posting these photos! My daughter is coming to BYU in the fall, and it's so great to have the dimensions for everything.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Congrats to her! I know, I did this because before I went I couldn’t find much information about it. Hopefully this makes things easier to prepare.

      Delete
  4. Was the "under sink" height measurement taken from the countertop to the floor or from the bottom of the counter to the floor? Just wondering for purchasing under sink storage bins.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it was the bottom to the ground. I could fit two drawers that stacked atop each other — the simple drawers you can buy at Walmart.

      Delete