Thursday, June 18, 2015

Girls Camp Devotional: Endure to the End

This year was my last year at Girls Camp and I wanted to make it the best! I was a YCL 2 and I was responsible for the younger 2 year girls, I was asked to give the evening devotional for the first night and the day theme had been "Endure Spiritually." I wondered how to prepare a spiritual thought and find a handout on enduring, so I did my research. Nothing showed up on Pinterest, so I realized I would have to make my own handout.

The first thing I did was open my scriptures. I made a list of all the Endurance scriptures I could find and after reading them all found a blessing that comes with enduring!

(Since this was Stake Girls Camp, there were nine wards attending and all had previously been given a color and a virtue, so I matched my nine scriptures to the nine wards and their color/virtues!)

I came up with a list of nine scriptures and found each had something like this, "If you endure, then this will happen..." and I knew that God had blessed me with a solution to my devotional dilemma! I quickly typed up the following handout and attached it to a bag of goodies (I got skittles, 2 tootsie rolls each and a dollar store necklace)!



Endurance brings: 
  1. Blessings - Hebrews 6:15
  2. Happiness - James 5:11
  3. Beauty - 1 Nephi 13:37
  4. Eternal Life - 2 Nephi 31:20
  5. Salvation - Omni 1:26
  6. Strengthened Faith - Moroni 8:3
  7. Companionship of Godhead - Doctrine & Covenants 24:8
  8. Glory - Doctrine & Covenants 121:29
  9. Exaltation - Doctrine & Covenants 121:8 

I also used a talk for my devotional titled The Strength to Endure  by Elder Richard J. Maynes. He said "Our ability to endure to the end in righteousness will be in direct proportion to the strength of our testimony and the depth of our conversion."

I connected points in his talk to each of my nine scriptures and I felt the Spirit guide me as I had prepared this devotional!

I know that if we do our best to endure to the end by living the commandments of God and serving our fellowmen with a glad and willing heart, then we will be blessed beyond what we can imagine! We will become immovable in our faith and our valiance will shine to others! I say this in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.






No comments:

Post a Comment