Saturday, November 5, 2016

“Draw Nearer to God” : Faith is a Seed


Faith is not a complete understanding, it is not a perfect knowledge of things. 
Faith is hope for things which you cannot see. Faith is hope for things that are true. 
Faith is trust in God! 

In Alma 32, the poor people of Antionum are taught to pray in humility. Alma teaches them of faith and humility; humility is a strength, humility is the willingness to offer our will to God. Alma teaches the people to nuture their faith, plant it as a seed and let it grow within them. 

Acting in faith brings experience >> experience built precept upon precept gives knowledge >> knowledge leads to continued obedience >> obedience makes way for humility >> humility allows you to serve willingly >> service added upon service becomes charity: the pure love of Christ! 

I have faith that the Savior will come again! I have faith that He is my Redeemer, that He paid the price needed for my deliverance from sin and has paved the way for me to live with Him again! I know that little by little, my testimony will grow, my love for God will increase, and my love for His chilren will continue to grow! If I act in Faith to do good, I will gain spiritual experiences that will lead to increased wisdom in God's plan, allow me to humble myself to give glory to God, to serve Him willingly and to be charitable to His children! All it takes is planting a tiny seed, and helping it grow! 

"Now, we will compare the word unto a seed. Now, if ye give place, that a seed may be planted in your heart, behold, if it be a true seed, or a good seed, if ye do not cast it out by your unbelief, that ye will resist the Spirit of the Lord, behold, it wil begin to swell within your breasts; and when you feel these swelling motions, ye will begin to say within yourselves--- it must needs be that this is a good seed, or that the word is good, for it beginneth to enlarge my soul; yea, it beginneth to enlighten my understanding, yea, it beginneth to be delicious to me." 





No comments:

Post a Comment