Saturday, November 12, 2016

“Draw Nearer to God” : Fear Not

"...nevertheless they stand fast in that liberty wherewith God has made them free; and they are strict to remember the Lord their God from day to day; yea, they do observe to keep his statutes, and his judgments, and his commandments continually; and their faith is strong in the prophecies concerning that which is to come." - Alma 58:40 

This week has been one of deep reflection and turning to God. As fear and hate divides the United States, it is into God's hands that we must give our will. We live in a wonderful nation that provides opportunities for progress, freedom, and peace! Jesus Christ is at the head of this nation, and more importantly, the Gospel as it rolls forth to all the Earth. Heavenly Father has protected our rights to freedom in all forms in this country, and only through Him will we remain free.

This scripture in Alma, comforts me and reminds me that God is in charge. God has a plan, and He has shared it with us. If we are faithful and earneslty seek His guidance, we have no reason to fear what man can do. I have a testimony that Heavenly Father loves me, He loves all of us, and He will keep me free! There are so many wonderful opportunites available to us, and we have the responsibility to bring the Gospel to His children. God will provide a way for His people to live His Gospel freely, and He will continue to bless those who keep His commandments and those who remain faithfull to the covenants they have made. 

"Wherefore, be of good cheer, and do not fear, for I the Lord am with you, and will stand by you; and ye shall bear record of me, even Jesus Christ, that I am the Son of the living God, that I was, that I am, and that I am to come." - D&C 68:6


No comments:

Post a Comment