Thursday, September 22, 2016

“Draw Nearer to God” : Find Joy in the Gospel

Learning in-depth about the Atonement of Jesus Christ has really opened my eyes to the blessing I truly have to live! I find myself on occassion feeling really sad and empty, wishing for classes to end so I can sit at home and do absolutely nothing. When I feel this way, I turn to music, pinterest, instagram for comfort. These things usually leave me feeling self-concious and give me thoughts of low self-esteem.

However, when I turn to the scriptures, I feel at ease and comforted. The emptiness I feel may not disappear completely and I still have to work through these moments, but reading the words of my Savior really helps to lighten my spirit!

Going through my daily scripture study, I came across a scripture that I've highlighted prevously. Found in the Book of Mormon, 2 Nephi 5:27, says:

"And it came to pass that we lived after the manner of happiness."

This scripture also reminded me of Psalms 144:15,

"Happy is that people, that is in such a case: 
yea, happy is that people, whose God is the Lord." 

I love these two scriptures becuase they give hope to those who believe in Jesus Christ! If He is your God, then happy are you, His child!

We can be happy knowing that we are blessed to make spiritually informed decisions that lead us to lasting happiness whereas many people of the world do not have this blessing. We can be happy knowing that there is a God above, a life beyond this mortal one, a Savior who loves us perfectly and understands us better than we understand ourselves! Sometimes it can be hard to fight our feelings of sadness and depression, but we can always know, even if we can't feel, that we are a happy and blessed people because of this Gospel! 


No comments:

Post a Comment