Thursday, October 6, 2016

“Draw Nearer to God” : He is Peace

I love General Conference! It was so inspiring and uplifting! One of my favorite quotes comes from Carol F. McConkie, she said "For us, miraculous healing, powerful protection, divine knowledge, liberating forgiveness, and precious peace are among the answers that come when we offer up a 'soul’s sincere desire' in faith" (October 2016) ! This statement is so powerful and I love the poetry of it! 

I like the entire phrase but the message most dear to me is "miraculous healing...precious peace." Jesus Christ is the ultimate healer, the master physician! He knows better than any what our problems are and how to fix them. He gives us time, and allows us to choose to go to Him! He will comfort us and in our greatest distresses, He alone provides the ultimate peace! 

God is my Heavenly Father, He gave me the gift of communication with Him through praryer in Jesus' name. I know that I need never feel alone because Heaven is simply a few words away! God is your Father in Heaven! He is as close as your heart, and communicating directly to Him comes through prayer! Though it may not be voices speaking, it is our souls pleading to God, our spirits connecting! This connection is powerful and if we seek answers, study diligently, and have faith, the Lord will bless us with answers. 




No comments:

Post a Comment